Accessibility & Compliance
- Federal law requires all purchasers to be at least 18 years old. Some states have restrictions that require buyers to be 21 years old.
- Know your state laws before attempting to purchase a firearm. If you are uncertain, check with a local FFL.
- First, ensure ROAM Rifles are legal in your state. If they are:
Find a local FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer. It is necessary to have a local FFL as ROAM is Federally mandated to ship exclusively to licensed FFL dealers. (If you do not know of any local FFL dealers, Roam can help you find one.)
- Complete your order form. It is required that you include your local FFL dealer. (ROAM will contact the FFL dealer you have listed to obtain the proper license verification)
- Proceed to checkout.
- ROAM will ship your precision rifle to the FFL dealer you have selected once license verification has been completed.
- You will be notified your rifle is ready to pick up.
- You will complete an ATF Form 4473 and NICS check at the FFL dealer’s. (Your local FFL will require a fee)
- Successful NICS response will allow you to receive your ROAM rifle.
- No, ROAM rifles are only shipped within the United States.
- ROAM rifles are compliant with the ATF definition of a rifle. Certain states’ laws: Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and the District of Columbia restrict the sale of Modern Sporting Rifles. We will comply with these states’ laws and not accept sales originating from these states. This may not be a complete list; make sure you know the laws of your state.
Products & Accessories
- Yes, we are located in Grand Forks, North Dakota
- ROAM sells direct only through this website. ROAM does not have a storefront, however, some local gun shops stock our rifles.
- ROAM attends many local and regional gun shows.
- ROAM specializes in light metal design and manufacturing. ROAM has magnesium alloys prepared to their specification.
- The Magnesium is shaped into raw form using ROAM’s proprietary tooling. At the ROAM factory the raw forms are precision machined into finished receivers, handguards, and other components.
- The magnesium components are sent to Technology Applications Group to be coated with a patented coating, prior to painting per ROAM’s proprietary process.
- ROAM rifles does all engineering in house, controlling virtually every aspect of the magnesium components.
- We redesign and optimize the parts for performance and strength while maintaining the weight savings.
- At the Technology Applications Group website.
- ROAM rifles have undergone a battery of stress tests to verify the longevity of the rifle, components and coatings. ROAM rifles have passed tests such as abrasion testing of the AR coating, Cerakote™ adhesion, action cycling and drop tests.
- No, the magnesium alloy we use is as strong as 6061 aluminum, and the coating adds wear resistance. When handled like any other precision firearm, a ROAM rifle will provide years of trouble-free service.
- No. ROAM rifles are precision machined and assembled to be accurate and maintain that accuracy.
- We don’t endorse a certain brand of ammunition. Like most rifles, a ROAM rifle will provide better groups with one brand/load than with others. Keep shooting and trying brands/loads until you find your best results.
- Notice: Shooting reloaded or hand-loaded ammunition will void the warranty.
- All ROAM handguards have M-Lok slots as well as a Picatinny rail. Any M-Lok or Picatinny compatible accessories will attach properly.
- A qualified gun smith can install common components such as triggers, bolts, bolt carrier groups, stocks, grips and buffers/springs. To change out other components please consult the ROAM factory.
- Yes! We offer a 10% discount and free shipping on all orders for active military members, police officers, and first responders.
- To get the discount applied to your account, email us proof of service and we will email you a personal discount code.
FFL & Dealer Information
- A Federal Firearms License (FFL) is a license in the United States that enables an individual or a company to engage in a business pertaining to the manufacture or importation of firearms and ammunition, or the interstate and intrastate sale of firearms.
- Federal Law mandates that guns may only be shipped to a Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealer. The dealer will ensure that you are legally allowed to purchase the gun under all Federal, State and Local Laws before completing the gun transfer.
- Gun Shops, Gun Smiths, and most Pawn Brokers are Federal Firearms License holders. Local Gun range members may be able to recommend a local FFL.
Returns, Shipping, & Warranty Policy
- Yes, ROAM will advise you of an expected ship date after your order has been placed. ROAM will provide status updates if the expected ship date changes. Your credit card will not be charged until your ROAM rifle ships.
You’ll receive a confirmation email when your order ships and a second email when it arrives at your local FFL.
- Orders that have not shipped can be changed. Call or email the ROAM factory on our contact page.
- When the ROAM rifle you ordered is in stock, it will ship within 2 working days of the order. Delivery is subject to the common carrier schedule.
- Yes, should your ROAM rifle not meet your expectations you can refuse it at the FFL. We will pay for return shipping and provide a full refund upon arrival at the ROAM factory. Once you take possession of your ROAM rifle you can only return it under our warranty policy.
Maintenance, Repairs, & Modifications
- We will repair any failure per ROAM warranty policy. For accidental damage, contact us.
- Care and cleaning of a ROAM rifle is the same as any fine blued gun. For a list of compatible cleaning solvents, contact us.
- ROAM does not recommend modifying the firearm. ROAM rifles are precision engineered and manufactured to provide a light, accurate rifle. Modifying components could compromise the safety or longevity of the rifle.
Data & Privacy
- Yes, ROAM has a no sale, no share policy for website user’s information.